Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Magic Sippy Cup

After months of having issues trying to get our daughter to drink from a sippy cup, we finally found one that is PERFECT, so I just had to pass along the recommendation.  First, we bought a Born Free sippy and immediately returned it.  They aren't kidding when they say this sippy allows for free-flowing liquid!  we might as well have given her a regular cup and let her dump it all over herself.  So, that didn't work out.  I still wanted to get her a safer, BPA-free sippy, but the only other one I knew of was Kleen Kanteen.  My issue with Kleen Kanteen is that it doesn't even look like a sippy cup.  It's a water bottle for older children that you can use an Avent sippy lid with.  I didn't think she'd be able to hold it at one year old and I was probably right.  So, I broke down and got her two Avent sippy cups.  She never really took to drinking from them. I don't blame her. The valve on those cups ends up putting a lot of air into whatever you're drinking and consequently would make her gassy sometimes. I also had issues with the cups leaking from the lid while she was drinking.  I don't have any of those issues with the new cup. So, in case you're wondering by now, it's the Foogo sippy cup made by Thermos.
Here's a list of it's benefits:
  • Spill-proof valve prevents messes and is easy-to-clean
  • Soft spout is easy and comfortable to sip (I was told the spout is made of silicone)
  • Kid-proof design - unbreakable stainless steel interior and exterior withstands daily wear and tear
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Exterior stays condensation free
  • Non-slip, scratch resistant base
  • Keeps beverages cold for up to 6 hours - for cold contents only
  • BPA-Free!
For those of you in the Bellingham area, i purchased the cup at Portable Kid (on Chestnut, downtown).  I think it was $14.99.

No comments: